The Value of Online Promotions for Medical Practices
- July 27, 2015
If you are a medical professional with a website, you likely already understand that having a social media presence is important. However, the ways that you choose to use that social media presence is also important. When used correctly, your social media presence is a good way to reach new patients and build relationships with your current patients. Offering regular promotions is one way to set your practice apart from others.
To start, make sure that you have social media pages for your practice. It is necessary that all of the fields are filled out and that all of the information is accurate. To keep fans and followers engaged with your page, so that they can see your promotions when they are shared, make sure you are regularly posting interesting and useful content.
Here are some tips for running successful promotions on social media:
- Have clear information. Make sure the promotional price is clearly marked, as well as the regular price for comparison. Add dates that the promotion is valid, so your followers know that it’s only for a limited time.
- Add pictures of the promotional item, whether it is an object or procedure. This is especially important if you are advertising something new that not every patient is familiar with.
- Specify the terms of the promotion carefully. No one likes to feel surprised. If the promotion is only for new patients, make sure this is clearly stated from the beginning.
- Give some leeway where you can. One way that you can do this is by offering promotions that have a price valid for a limited amount of time, but for services that can be redeemed in the future. That way, patients will be more likely to purchase an item or service now and use it when they are ready, instead of feeling pressured to commit to a service or treatment immediately.
- Make your promotions viral. You can reward followers and fans with special deals by offering rewards for social media shares or the number of “likes” or followers that they bring in to your page.
Make it easy to follow through. A promotion is not as effective if a patient has to visit your office within the week to lock in their great deal. Provide easy ways to contact your office to follow up on the promotion with an easily visible phone number or a simple online form.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.