What Do Patients Want From a Health Care Practice Website?
- June 12, 2015
In a digital age with the internet as a very prevalent aspect of our lives, having a health care website that meets the needs of your current and potential patients is very important. What’s more is that you have to balance this with staying relevant among your competition.
Here are some of the things potential and current patients will be looking for in a medical professional’s website:
- Education – Patients want to understand their options when it comes to medical care, and they want to be able to validate what they are feeling. A rich content section of your website should include all of the areas you specialize in, including symptoms, conditions, and treatment methods. This also assists you with search density and helps you to turn up during more search results. Add interactive tools and relevant links to your educational content, and you have a great section that will attract new patients and keep current ones returning for information. Don’t ignore the work that it takes to pour into these resources.
- Mobile accessibility – Over half of internet users primarily access websites on their tablet or smartphone. Make sure your website is optimized for mobile browsers. Otherwise, it will be too frustrating to use. If you have a potential patient on the go trying to look up your address or phone number, you don’t want them to get frustrated and give up.
- Social media links and connections – Having active and fleshed out social media platforms is another focus altogether, but make sure you link these on your website. This makes it easy for patients to find you on social media and follow you, connecting them with your outreach and making it easier to reach you with questions.
- Visible credentials – It is okay to brag about yourself and your staff on your website. This is an easy way to stand out among competition and help your patients know that you can be trusted. List your education, credentials, memberships, publications, awards, and continuing education courses.
- Promotions – Do you have special deals on cosmetic procedures? How about free consultations or referral programs? List these on your website and make your patients excited about the special deals that set you apart.
- Trust – This is arguably the most important aspect of a health care website. One of the simplest ways to convey trust is to keep things simple. Have a clean design that lets patients reach you, find you, and take action easily. Making things complicated sends the wrong message.
Get Embed Code Here
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
Every year we see shifts in society's focus on particular health issues…
There's an abundance of digitally accessible information out there. This ultimately means…
Emails can be a cost-effective way to reach out to current and…
Even though nearly 60 percent of patients decide where to get treatment…
Starting a new healthcare practice can seem like an impossible task when…
In today's highly connected world, it's definitely important for doctors, clinics, specialists,…
One of the many benefits of reaching out to your target patients…