Guidelines for Customer Service on Social Media
- February 24, 2017
Having a presence on social media allows you to interact easily with your current and potential patients and customers—you can share promotions and deals, information about your staff, and information relevant to your industry.
The benefits of social media come with a lot of responsibility to your fan base. You’ve given them a way to easily reach you and interact with you. The way that you handle those interactions can make a big difference in your reputation. That’s because attracting new business is good, but maintaining your current relationships is just as important.
Follow these simple guidelines for interacting with followers on social media, and you will be in good shape:
- Do not ignore your clients or customers. Always make them feel heard by acknowledging their posts and comments.
- Try to sound real. Don’t go out of your way to give a response that sounds scripted or like it was written by a public relations expert. Your potential or current clients will remember an experience and interaction that feels authentic.
- Avoid copying and pasting. If you copy the same response to most comments and posts on your page, it will seem lazy. Take an extra minute to give everyone a personal response.
- Avoid getting defensive. Even if the customer is wrong, you should avoid a defensive tone. Steer away from negativity and always try to be respectful and caring.
- Be transparent. You should always take sensitive and personal conversations to private message, but in general, keep your interactions public on the page and do not remove them. This is true even if the conversation doesn’t cast you in a perfect light. It’s important for potential customers to see how you handle complaints and negative situations, and that you have done your best to follow up.
The immediate communication offered by social media means that you have been given an easy and simple way to interact and receive feedback from your clients. Make sure your interactions are placing a positive spin on your practice or company.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.