7 Great Aspects of Web Design
- January 17, 2014
When it comes to designing a great website, there are elements that only a professional can bring to the table – where simplicity, functionality, and elegance all meet together and allow any user to almost feel that a website is in place. But beyond this intuition held by the professionals are certain criteria that are no-brainers when it comes to web design.
- Easy to use – It may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised to see how many website creators overlook this simple rule. It shouldn’t take a visitor more than a few moments to discover where links lead or how to navigate away from the home page. The longer it takes to figure things out, the more likely a user will be to press the back button and go somewhere else.
- Focus! – Designers utilize certain tricks to get a visitor from point A to point B quickly and easily. Certain objects, like a bolded or large text or clean images, will draw the user’s eye to focus on different aspects of the web page.
- Expose ALL of your features – Not all critics are a fan of this, but it can be extremely effective when it comes to keeping visitors happy. Large buttons and ensuring that all functions are available and ready to use is an important aspect of good user interface design.
- Don’t go too far outside of the box – While some innovative technique is good, finding the right balance can be tricky, even for pros. Going too far out of the box with a new layout or feature can just frustrate frequent users and confuse new visitors.
- Cater to your audience – In order to do this, you need to know your audience first. Once you do, always keep them in mind when it comes to your website. This can affect themes, layout, text, images, and language.
- Don’t try to be an author – The way that users read text on the internet is different from the way they read print in person. Novels describing products and services on web pages should be avoided. Text needs to be short and precise, with your key elements highlighted.
- Don’t be afraid of change – If something just doesn’t look right or simply isn’t working, it needs to be okay to change it. Never be afraid to change a concept in the process of figuring out what works best.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
Every year we see shifts in society's focus on particular health issues…
There's an abundance of digitally accessible information out there. This ultimately means…
Emails can be a cost-effective way to reach out to current and…
Even though nearly 60 percent of patients decide where to get treatment…
Starting a new healthcare practice can seem like an impossible task when…
In today's highly connected world, it's definitely important for doctors, clinics, specialists,…
One of the many benefits of reaching out to your target patients…